August 7, 2012

A Baby Story: Another Miracle on 34th Street

Adding little Jax has been the best, most exciting adventure of our lives.  This last year and half has held many adventures and we have discovered all the ups and downs of parenthood.

And last August, we got another little surprise positive pregnancy test! Initial reaction? "SERIOUSLY?!?!"  But after much needed prayer time, we got ready and excited for another new bundle of JOY.

The morning of March 30th began like any other.  I'd been really anxious to "git this baby out o' me", but I'd finally had a come to Jesus moment with myself and accepted God's timing is BEST.  So we put Jax in the car and went to breakfast to just ENJOY being a family of three for a little while longer.  When we got home I bent over to lay Jax down to change his diaper and when I stood up I felt a little trickle. My first thought? "Did I really just pee my pants?" My second thought: "Wait...that didn't feel like I peed my pants."  Third thought: "Uh...Jimmy...I think my water might have just broke." Sure enough there was another trickle so we packed up the car and headed to hospital.  I'd tested positive for strep B again so there was no waiting at home.  We got there, Selina came and picked up Jax, and I was disappointed to find that the contractions I'd been having for weeks had decided to up and run away.  We waited several hours for labor to start on it's own...it was around 8 hours later that my midwife recommended going ahead and trying some pitocin to try and start labor. (Pretty much the same thing that happened with Jax.)  However, being the wiser for it, I didn't wait 8 hours with pit in my system before I had an epidural...I waited a whopping 3 hours with no progress and then got the epidural.  I was disappointed that once again we weren't going to have a natural labor, but with the intensity of pit and the rate at which I progress, my midwife and I decided that it would be better for me to relax with an epidural so my body could allow the baby to descend.  So, after getting some rest I woke up with a ton of pressure.  I was starting to think I'd need to send Jimmy for the nurse when she finally walked in and I begged her to check.  I was at a ten and it was time to push! After 16 hours of labor, which might I add is WAY better than 36, little Eiley Joy was born at 5:19am!

Eiley Joy Green
March 31, 2012
7 lb 7 oz
19 inches

We have been overJOYed to add this little girl to our family.  Eiley means "beautiful bird"...birds have always been the way the Lord has reminded me of His FAITHFULNESS.  And Joy was a name He sent me...and boy was she rightly named! This little girl is all smiles and giggles. I'm pretty sure she's going to make me smile ALL my days.


                                  Welcome to our family
                                                                     Eiley Joy

1 comment: